Our mission is to provide the best possible environment for our users to have free conversations and enjoy their time on Stereo, thus we came up with a contest with the following rules:
- The promoter, Stereo App Limited of 1 Dover Place 5th Floor, Ashford Commercial Quarter, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1FB, United Kingdom, runs a contest where a certain number of users who have the greatest number of listening minutes each week are awarded monetary prizes (the "Contest"). Each Contest is separate and has its own entry dates, times and prizes. We use the term “you” in these rules to refer to an eligible participant of a Contest.
- Each Contest is only available to registered users of the App aged 18 or over and located and residing in any of the following jurisdictions: the UK, the U.S. An individual is not eligible to participate in a Contest if the laws of their jurisdiction prohibit them from participating in the Contest or using the App.
- Listening minutes are the number of minutes other users spend listening to your conversations, both live and recorded, via the App. Listening minutes do not accrue on conversations which are deleted or made private. Your listening minutes shall be calculated by our App and related software and systems, and our calculations shall be final and binding in all respects.
- The minutes will be counted for only the first 8 hours of the conversation a day. We want our contestants to be focused on quality and not quantity.
- We are an 18+ app, every conversation with someone who’s apparently below 18 will be banned along with the underage user.
- Spreading misinformation including but not limited to Stereo creators, users and team is prohibited.
Every possible attempt to cheat including but not limited to the following will be banned forever:
- Paying Stereo users to listen to your stream in any form
- Staying silent on the stream for more than 5 minutes
- Playing pre-recorded audio instead of talking live on the stream
- You will automatically be entered into a Contest when other users listen to your conversations on the App while the Contest is running, thus accruing you listening minutes. No purchase is necessary.
- Each Contest runs once a week from midday UK time each Monday ("Start Time") to midday UK time the following Monday ("Finish Time"), or such other Start and Finish Times as we may notify to you via the App prior to the next Contest starting.
- We reserve the right to stop running any Contest at any time after the completion of any prior week's Contest. If we decide to stop running a Contest, we will notify users via the App prior to its Start Time. In addition, we reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend a Contest where it becomes necessary to do so. Any question or dispute between us and one or more individuals regarding the interpretation of these rules, one’s eligibility to participate in a Contest, the awarding of a prize, or any other matter relating to any Contest shall be decided by us at our sole discretion.
Each week, the prizes we will award for that week’s Contest are as follows:
|Greatest number of listening minutes||Monetary prize awarded (US dollars)|
If two or more winners have the same number of listening minutes in a week, they will split the monetary prizes awarded to their corresponding placements in the above chart. For example, if two winners tie for first place, they will split the first and second place prizes shown above.
- We will contact potential winners using the email address or phone number provided on sign-up or subsequently updated on the App within 7 days of the Finish Time of the relevant week's Contest. Unless we are satisfied at our sole discretion that a potential winner is eligible to win a prize in accordance with these rules, each potential winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility within 5 days of receiving it from us to claim their prize. Once we have received a potential winner’s signed Affidavit of Eligibility or otherwise confirmed to them in writing that they do not need to sign and return it, they must confirm their bank details for receipt of the prize money within 14 days in order to receive their prize and prizes will be paid within 7 days of us receiving such confirmation. If we are unable to contact a potential winner or award them a prize using the means and within the timeframes described in this paragraph, or if a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility within 5 days of our provision to them of the Affidavit of Eligibility, the individual may be disqualified from that week’s Contest and any prize they would otherwise have been eligible to receive will be forfeited.
- To comply with our obligations, we will send the surname and county/state and country of major prize-winners and their respective number of listening minutes to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org within 28 days after the Finish Time of the relevant week's Contest. If you object to your surname or location being published or made available, please contact us at email@example.com. In such circumstances, we must still provide the information to the UK Advertising Standards Authority and potentially other parties on request as required by applicable law.
- Winners are responsible for reporting and paying to the relevant tax authority any tax due on prizes awarded to them in accordance with local legal/tax requirements based on their personal circumstances. You acknowledge that we make no representations or undertakings regarding the tax treatment of prizes.
- The App is only for users aged 18 or over. Every conversation with someone who we reasonably believe to be below 18 will be deleted from the App. As users under 18 years of age are not permitted to use the App, anybody aged under 18 is not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Employees of Stereo App Limited or the Stereo Group, employees of our agents or suppliers who are professionally connected with the App or the Contest or their administration, and the immediate families or households of any of the above are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
We reserve all rights to determine whether in our reasonable belief your conversations are bona fide and therefore eligible for participation in a Contest; and to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Contest. For example, the following are not permitted and you will be disqualified from participating in every Contest if you engage in any of these practices:
- Paying Stereo users to listen to your stream in any form or otherwise compensating or incentivising them in any way
- Staying silent on the stream for more than 5 consecutive minutes in any conversation
- Playing pre-recorded audio instead of talking live on the stream
- Allowing others to talk on your stream instead of you
- Spreading misinformation via your steam including but not limited to disparaging information about Stereo creators, users and team
- Creating more than one registered account on the App
- We will not accept responsibility for you not being able to enter any Contest whether due to you not being able to participate in conversations or other users not being able to listen to your conversations, regardless of cause, including for example equipment failure; technical malfunction; or systems, satellite, network, server or computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- You acknowledge that the third party from whom you received the license for the App or the Services (e.g., the Apple App Store, Google Play, etc. (or their subsidiaries)) has no involvement in any Contest in any manner.
- By entering any Contest, you promise to abide by these rules and our decisions, which will be final and binding in all respects. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will not be responsible for any injury, damage or loss of any kind arising out of your participation in any Contest and YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS US OUR AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, AND OUR AND THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY OR ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST.
Every Monday depending on your position on our leaderboard you will get money “On hold”, which will move to your available balance after all security checks have been completed, within 48 hours. It could take longer if any security checks fail. Please be aware that if any security checks fail, your account will not be credited. This will be determined by Stereo acting in its sole reasonable discretion.
The minimum amount a single user can withdraw to his/her bank account is $50. The maximum amount a single user can earn as part of this campaign and withdraw is $10,000. The only available withdrawal method is PayPal which will have a fee through PayPal.
Your money will be transferred from "On hold" to being "available" after checking your talks and listeners on anti-cheat.
You agree that all the listening minutes you got on our leaderboard are a result of you talking live on Stereo or sharing your recorded live talk on social media. All the minutes you earned while being silent, playing pre-recorded content on Stereo live stream or anything else other than talking live on the app are considered to be fraud and an attempt to cheat the system.
Stereo reserves the right to change, end, or pause, in whole or in part, any campaign, as well as any talker’s ability to participate in any campaign or receive money/tokens at any time for any reason, including suspected fraud, abuse, or any violation of these campaign rules or Stereo's Terms of Service. If Stereo ends any campaign, any unused or unredeemed money/tokens may be forfeited at that time. Stereo may update these campaign rules at any time. If Stereo makes an update to these rules, Stereo will post updated rules on the Stereo application. Continued participation in any campaign after any update will mean that you have agreed to the update. Further terms and conditions set out in Stereo’s Terms of Service apply.