Last updated: 25 April 2022
Our mission is to provide the best possible environment for our users to enjoy their time on Stereo, thus we came up with a contest with the following rules. These Contest Rules exclusively govern contests where winners receive the type of Awards described below. If a Contest involves the payment of a cash prize, a prize of monetary value or delivery of a physical prize, these Contest Rules do not apply and you should refer back to stereo.com/contest to locate the applicable contest rules.
1. The promoter, Stereo App Limited of 1 Dover Place 5th Floor, Ashford Commercial Quarter, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1FB, United Kingdom, runs contests from time to time where a certain number of users who are most successful (as defined in the context of the relevant Contest) at meeting certain criteria through their use of Stereo and/or other social media platforms ("Participation Criteria") may be awarded a title, status, virtual trophy, virtual item or other prize (“Award”) with no intrinsic monetary value (the "Contest"). Each Contest is separate and has its own start and finish dates, Participation Criteria, number of winners and Awards. Contests may be announced in Part B below, as well as on our third party social media channels, provided that such announcement refers to these terms (whether directly or indirectly, by referring to stereo.com/contest or stereo.com/terms). Our third party social media channels are: (i) instagram.com/stereo, (ii) facebook.com/stereo, and (iii) twitter.com/app_stereo. In the event of a conflict between a Contest announced both in Part B and on our social media channels, the rules set out in Part B shall prevail. We use the term “you” in these Contest Rules to refer to an eligible participant of a Contest.
2. Each Contest is only available to registered users of the App with an account in good standing, who are aged 18 or over and located and residing in any of the following jurisdictions: Argentina, Canada, Chile, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Uruguay, the United Kingdom, the United States of America or any member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area. An individual is not eligible to participate in a Contest if the laws of their jurisdiction prohibit them from participating in the Contest or using the App.
3. Assessment of users’ eligibility will be conduct, inter alia, in accordance with the following guidelines, and our calculations shall be final and binding in all respects:
4. You will be entered into a Contest where you meet the Participation Criteria for the particular Contest. No purchase is necessary. We reserve the right to exclude any number of users from being eligible to participate in any number of Contests immediately on written notice (including by email, by notification in the App or by direct message through one of our third party social media channels).
5. Each Contest runs from the Start Time to the Finish Time indicated in the Contest-Specific Rules, or such other Start and Finish Times as we may notify you via the App or on our social media channels.
6. We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend a Contest where it becomes necessary to do so. If Stereo makes an update to these Contest Rules, Stereo will post the updated Rules on our website (www.stereo.com). Continued participation in any Contest after any update will mean that you have agreed to the update. Further terms and conditions set out in Stereo’s Terms of Service apply (Terms). Capitalized terms not defined in these Contest Rules have the meaning given to them in the Terms.
7. Any question or dispute between us and one or more individuals regarding the interpretation of these Contest Rules, a user’s eligibility to participate in a Contest, the awarding of a prize or Award, or any other matter relating to any Contest shall be decided by us at our sole discretion.
8. The Awards for each Contest, together with any restrictions on winning (and on winning multiple times), will be set out here and in the Contest-Specific Rules. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, if the Contest-Specific Rules do not specify the language of participation for the Contest, the language is the language in which the Contest-Specific Rules are written, and any associated Talks on Stereo must be in that same language in order to be considered for the Contest. In addition, if we do not specify how winners will be selected, we reserve the right to select the winners at our sole discretion, at a time of our choosing.
9. Each winner will be announced in a post by Stereo in the manner set out in the Contest-Specific Rules.
10. The App is only for users aged 18 or over. As users under 18 years of age are not permitted to use the App, anybody aged under 18 is not eligible to participate in any Contest.
11. Employees of Stereo App Limited or the Stereo Group, employees of our agents or suppliers who are professionally connected with the App or any Contest or their administration, and the immediate families or households of any of the above are not eligible to participate in any Contest.
12. We reserve all rights to determine whether in our reasonable belief your conversations are legitimate and therefore eligible for participation in a Contest; and to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of any Contest. For example, the following are not permitted and you will be disqualified from participating in all Contests if you engage in any of these practices:
13. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the Terms of Service or these Contest Rules, we, at our sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in any Contest.
14. We will not accept responsibility for you not being able to enter any Contest whether due to you not being able to participate in conversations, other users not being able to listen to your conversations, you being unable to update your profile on the App or change your profile information, or your inability to publish content on social media, regardless of cause, including for example equipment failure; technical malfunction; or systems, satellite, network, server or computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
15. By participating in the Contest, you grant us permission to repost any publication you make on social media in relation to the Contest, and to tag you in our posts in relation to the Contest.
16. You acknowledge that the third party from whom you received the license for the App or the Services (e.g., the Apple App Store, etc. (or their subsidiaries)) has no involvement in any Contest in any manner.
17. Translations of these Contest Rules are provided for convenience only. In the event there is a discrepancy between any translated copies of these Contest Rules and the English version, the English version shall prevail.
18. By entering any Contest, you promise to abide by these Contest Rules and our decisions, which will be final and binding in all respects. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will not be responsible for any injury, damage or loss of any kind arising out of your participation in any Contest and YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS US OUR AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, AND OUR AND THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY OR ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST.
Currently the only contests being run are those announced via Stereo’s social media channels.